IGD has today (23rd January 2019) launched a major new event for the UK grocery industry. IGD Live will take place on the 6th and 7th November 2019 at London’s Tobacco Dock, offering delegates the opportunity to learn, connect and grow.
For two days, IGD Live will focus on the commercial issues affecting the industry today and in the future, to help attendees unlock growth for their organisation. Responding to the industry’s desire for choice and variety, the event brings together IGD’s existing Category Management, Convenience, Digital Commerce and Food-to-Go channel events under one roof. Delegates will have the opportunity to attend an individual Insight Stream, or create their own personalised programme by combining elements of each.
Designed to reflect the evolving nature of the UK grocery market, IGD Live will help delegates to grow both within and across multiple channels, with ground-breaking keynote presentations from industry leaders. Confirmed keynote speakers so far include;
- Fiona Dawson, Global President, Food, Drinks and Multisales at Mars Foods
- Jason Tarry, CEO UK & ROI at Tesco
- Jo Whitfield, Retail Chief Executive at Co-op
- Paul Mills-Hicks, Food Commercial Director at Sainsbury’s.
Additional speakers will be announced in due course.
Susan Barratt, CEO of IGD, said: “I’m truly excited to be joining IGD at a time when our industry is undergoing such dynamic evolution. Our determination to be aligned to this, and to offer agile and relevant solutions to help our customers unlock growth, has led to the creation of IGD Live. I look forward to seeing you all there.”
Ben Miller, Global Insight Director at IGD, said: “Growth opportunities exist both within, and across, grocery channels. By combining the very best of IGD’s established channel events with a fantastic line up of keynote speakers for everyone, we’ll help equip our delegates with practical insights to find that growth. We work in one of the most vibrant, diverse and exciting industries in the world, and I look forward to celebrating this at Tobacco Dock in November”
IGD Live will swiftly be followed by the IGD Awards, which will take place on the evening of Thursday 7th November.
For ticket information and to apply for a media pass visit www.IGDLive.com.
For media enquiries please contact Alexandra Crisp at [email protected] or 01923 851986
Notes to editors:
- IGD is a research and training charity which sits at the heart of the food and grocery industry. It has a trading subsidiary that provides commercial services. The profits from these commercial services fund the charity.
- The IGD Awards celebrate success across the food and grocery industry. These companies and individuals have achieved exceptional results and shown talent, innovation and new thinking over the previous year. With over 25 years of heritage, the IGD Awards are recognised across the food and grocery industry. Winners include major retailers, suppliers, individuals and companies that have gone on to become household names.
- Details on sponsorship opportunities and tickets can be found at www.igdlive.com
- Follow IGD’s communications team on Twitter for all the latest retail insights: @Comms_IGD
- All content is owned by IGD. If you use or refer to any content in this press release, please credit IGD