Category management, what is it all about? This two-day workshop will introduce delegates to the tools,
processes and methodology required to deliver growth opportunities through adopting category management. Delegates will learn how to
build category relationships between suppliers and retailers, put together effective category plans and develop compelling shopper focused in-store propositions and tactics.
This workshop is aimed at individuals who are new to category roles, or those in other commercial roles who want to understand what category management can do for them.
As a result of attending our ‘Successful Category Management’ workshop, you will:
- Understand what category management is and the benefits of adopting category management ways of working
- Learn how to use a range of category management tools to start delivering business results
- Understand the category management process and how to implement each stage
- Harness the importance of shoppers and see what affects their behaviour
- Learn how to develop compelling category plans and initiatives by channel and format
- Understand how to build retailer and supplier category relationships and joint category plans
Key skills covered at this workshop
Analysing data, range planning, designing a category layout, influencing the shopper, identifying opportunities, developing compelling proposals,
building category relationships, developing category tactics, defining a category, decision trees.
What will I experience at this workshop?
This workshop is interactive and involves getting hands-on with a range of data, tools and processes. The workshop involves team breakout sessions that enable the skills, tools and processes taught to be practised, and ensures delegates can then replicate back in the office.