Through IGD’s Successful Account Management virtual workshop, you will learn what is required to build and manage successful customer relationships.
This training session is a ‘how to’ guide for all FMCG account managers new to the role or industry, those looking for a refresher, and others in customer facing roles. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have tailored this popular workshop so you can now learn in a virtual environment.
The online training session will be delivered by our industry experts in high energy, bite-sized sprints. Over the course of three days, you will take part in live one and a half hour classes.
The workshop is based on our extensive primary research and modelled on industry best practices, offering a full exploration of effective account management. Participants will get the chance to practice their newly-acquired skills through interactive sessions with their peers.
Led by IGD's highly-experienced commercial experts, with decades of experience, you will complete a programme of interactive tasks and scenarios. Examining case studies and best practice, you will get to grips with what is expected of commercial teams and how success is measured.
IGD's extensive body of primary research and proven tools and techniques will inform the day's learning. Delegates will leave with extensive industry knowledge and best practice, plus the tools to guarantee success.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The role and responsibilities of the account manager
- The role and responsibilities of the buyer
- What are retailers saying?
- How do retailers measure suppliers?
- What capabilities are they looking for?
- The current environment and what it means to the account manager
KEY RETAIL TRENDS
- What the future looks like – how your business is likely to be impacted
- What it takes to build sustainable trading relationships
THE SELLING PROCESS
- Key steps in the selling process
- The supporting tools
DEVELOPING CUSTOMER BUSINESS PLAN
- Understanding your customer and their needs
- Identifying opportunities
PLANNING FOR SUCCESSFUL AND EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER MEETINGS
- Developing winning customer proposals
- Pre-meeting preparation and planning (incorporating IGD meeting and negotiation planning tools)
- The customer meeting
CONDUCTING AN EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER MEETING
- Anticipating and overcoming objections
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS PLANNING
- Account plans versus Joint Business Planning, what’s the difference?
- Developing meaningful objectives and strategies
"Provides a sound foundation to the inner workings of Account Management in UK Retail."
"A great help for future career development."
Do you need a tailored capability programme designed for your team?
Get in touch to find out how we can facilitate customised online training courses for you and your teams.