How P&G used insight into European retail trends to future-proof its business
P&G sought an independent, external view of the future of food and grocery retailing in Europe. Its aim was to stimulate the thinking of its international sales and marketing team.
P&G asked IGD to take a global perspective on industry developments, focusing on the implications for its Central and Eastern European markets.
IGD delivered an inspiring and thought-provoking presentation to P&G’s team at its annual conference held in Warsaw, Poland.
The 45-minute presentation examined key areas for innovation and development in the next five years:
- European retail trends for shoppers, channels and private label
- The changing face of retail in Central and Eastern Europe compared to Western Europe
- The role of technology in driving retail trends
- Discounters’ challenge to premium brands
- A clear vision of the actions for P&G
- A strong understanding of the food and grocery industry’s global development
- A well-informed group inspired by new ways to tackle industry trends and challenges