Volunteering for a school workshop is a unique opportunity for you to share your career journey and to inspire the next generation of food and grocery talent.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone from the industry can volunteer, from boardroom to shop floor. Getting involved is easy, and there is no preparation required. The workshops run throughout the year and take place all over the UK.
What is a school workshop?
Our 2-hour school workshops help students build their skills and prepare them for the world of work.
- Year 9 – These workshops help students aged 13-14, to understand the skills employers look for; how they can best develop these skills and the career paths they can lead to.
- Sixth form – These workshops offer practical support to students aged 16 - 18, giving them the tools to network, prepare for interviews and create impactful CV’s.
All workshops include group discussions and exercises to showcase the variety of roles within the food and grocery industry.
Each workshop is run by an experienced facilitator. They will direct the students through a series of activities that allow volunteers to:
- Share their career journey and excite students about their own futures
- Inform and inspire students about the great opportunities available in the industry
- Take part in small group discussions to help motivate and boost students’ confidence
How do I volunteer?
Please register your interest using the link on the top of the page, using your work email address. (This allows us to verify that you work in the food and grocery industry.) We will be in touch to provide further details about the programme and let you know about upcoming workshops. In the meantime, feel free to download our volunteer handbook for more information.
"I was amazed at how professional, academic and enthusiastic the pupils were. Having representatives from industry makes a really big impact and if the children learn one or two things from each volunteer it can make a huge difference."
Vas Skoulidou, People Partner Work Placement Programmes, Tesco