In our fast-paced industry, adaptability and speed of delivery are vital, but this often means there is less time to think about past performance.
Reflection – taking time out in your day to think about what you have done and what you have learnt from it – can not only boost your effectiveness. It can also help you face into challenges by building confidence and resilience.
This webinar will cover:
- What is reflection and why do it?
- How you could use reflection to improve your effectiveness
- A framework for reflection
- Hints and tips on how you can focus your reflection to fit in with a busy work schedule
Join this webinar if you are:
- Working in the food and grocery industry
- Looking to find ways of improving your effectiveness
- Managing delivery of projects or managing people
Executive Coach and Training Consultant
Sue is an experienced business coach, renowned for developing resilience through her agile and structured coaching. After a successful career as a general manager in retail, Sue led learning & development functions across BAA, First Choice Holidays and Dairy Crest. In the past 2 years she has delivered development solutions for international and financial service clients, including Prudential, Howdens, Nissan, Dole and Renault. Sue leads a coaching and leadership training business, using a broad network of specialist associates. She delivers leading-edge thinking following her Coaching and Behavioural Change Masters Distinction from Henley Business School. Her dissertation on the ‘value of reflection in business’ resulted in the development of a powerful leadership programme to deliver results rapidly and measure success in organisations needing pragmatic but incremental, tangible, improvements.