Registration is open from 8:30am ready for a prompt 9am start and you will be on your way home by 5pm on both days.
- What are the benefits of category management to suppliers and retailers?
- The IGD Five Step Category Management Process – we define this in detail and show how it is used in practice
- Where retailers need supplier input
- How shoppers make decisions and the importance of category definition and decision hierarchies
Information gathering and understanding
- Understanding the bigger picture and the implications on your categories
- What information do you have? What do you need? Where to go and get it?
- The different areas – market, customer, consumer and shopper – that you need to analyse in developing your category plan
- Understanding the shopper and the various shopping missions
Business planning and measurement
- The questions you need to ask – and those which will be asked of you
- Aligning category scorecards
- Developing the category strategy – driving category value and the levers you can use
- What tactics are available to you?
- Aligning the appropriate tactics to deliver your category strategy
- Choose the right mechanic to shape and influence shopper behaviour
Range and merchandising
- Macro versus micro space
- Retailer and shopper strategies
- Deciding the range
- Merchandising principles and operational rules
- Merchandising best practices
- Review the key issues surrounding promotion activity
- Effective promotions planning – aligning to strategy forecasting and implementation
- Promotion evaluation, why it’s important and how to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of each activity
- Role of price to drive category growth
- Category, product and pack price elasticity
- Pricing strategies by channel and format
- Impact of availability on shopper, retailer and brand
- Measuring and influencing availability
- Using learnings to course-correct
Visibility and communication
- The shopper journey
- Key points and approaches to influencing shoppers
Multiformat and multichannel
- Understanding shoppers and missions by channel and format
- Developing, tailoring plans and solutions
How companies are using category management and the role of category managers
Working inside a legal framework
IGD reserves the right to alter any element of the programme, such as speakers, times and venue, should the need arise.