Be honest: do your retailers see you as a category leader? That means…
- They look to you for inspiring category solutions.
- They see you as the category experts and thought leaders.
- They look to you first for future growth opportunities.
- You have open and honest category conversations.
- You have joint projects with mutually beneficial objectives.
If you’re not already a category leader, don’t worry; whatever the size of your business or budget, you can be seen as one!
This ground-breaking course provides you with the tools you need to move away from chasing growth through the same old commercial relationships, to becoming category leaders with a brand-new approach.
It naturally builds on what we cover in our Successful and Advanced Category Management courses but is suitable for all senior category professionals.
Topics covered across the two days include:
- Developing category visions
- Category drivers as part of strategic business planning
- Choosing the right tactics
- Build great category relationships
- Creating compelling proposals
- Generating excitement and energy behind your plans
- Embedding category leadership within your business
View the full programme here.
This workshop has been designed for anyone who has responsibility for creating the business approach to category management and developing the longer term strategy.
As a result of attending our ‘Category leadership’ workshop, you will:
- Know how to create an end-to-end category leadership process for your business
- Create category strategy and drivers based on shopper/consumer ‘pull’
- Generate your business solutions to capitalise on the category drivers
- Choose where to play and how to win with consumers, shoppers and retailers
- Decide the strategy for taking your category plan to the retailer
- Understand how best to structure your team to deliver your category plan
Key skills covered at this workshop
Building a category leadership plan, using data to create insights, turning insights into category growth drivers, making strategic choices, developing category vision and strategies, aligning category tactics to drivers, implementing and evaluating category plans, determining category relationships, identifying category team roles and responsibilities, developing compelling category based proposals.
What will I experience at this workshop?
Using a combination of facilitated learning, best practice examples and personal planning, this workshop will give you the stimulation and time to start developing the category leadership approach for your business.
A series of tools and templates will be provided to you as we walk through each stage of the process in order to help you build your own program as we progress throughout the two days.
You will work through the end to end process from insight generation to effective tactical solutions, identifying priority customers and relationships along with the team capability needed to deliver your strategy.