Dublin’s stores lead the way in retail and food-to-go fusion, so anyone looking at this opportunity needs to see these stores
This is your chance to combine store visits with our market insight, in a full day long package of food-to-go immersion, hosted by our expert analysts
Get first hand feedback from the store management team on the day to day operations
Why should I join your safari rather than visiting stores on my own?
- We know the best stores to visit and are experienced in planning effective itineraries, helping you get the most from your time whilst making the logistics easy
- You’ll gain access to store management, enabling you to deepen your understanding of ways of working and concepts
- We’ll present innovations and concepts within our view of the market or channel landscape, helping you to “join the dots” between different trends and formats
- Downloadable pre-reads and post-event summaries will provide you with key learnings and photos of the concepts
- IGD’s channel and market experts will be on hand during the day to answer your questions, and help you take the most benefit from the experience
What will the day involve?
- An informal briefing session – giving you our latest view on food-to-go and how it relates to the broader evolution of convenience stores and supermarkets. We'll also explain more about the concepts we’ll be visiting during the day
- A tour of our favourite Dublin stores – showing trends in action plus the latest innovations and opportunities in food-to-go
- A de-brief session – helping you extract key learnings for your business
- Arrive at 8:00am for a prompt start. The tour will finish at 4:00pm.
- The Safari will begin in Central Dublin and finish at Dublin Airport
- The dress code is casual
- In-store lunch is included
- Transport will be provided during the tour
Your retail safari leader
Gavin Rothwell leads IGD’s food-to-go programme, and has been instrumental in building IGD’s knowledge and expertise in this area. He also leads IGD’s retail safari programme in Europe. Prior to this he managed Retail Analysis, IGD’s online grocery retail insight service that covers almost 400 retailers worldwide as well as markets, channels and trends.
Gavin closely tracks major trends and strategies, across both retail and food-to-go. He has worked with a number of our clients on a customised basis to explain the implications of key sector trends and developments, and has led many of them ‘on safari’, exploring trends in action around major European cities.