Client: A global beauty care manufacturer
The client is recognised for high levels of innovation and quality. They wanted to understand how people shop haircare categories online, and how best to maximise sales in this increasingly important channel. The objectives were:
- To understand the opinions, motivations, barriers and triggers to purchasing haircare products online
- To explore the shopper journey; how they decide which haircare products to buy online
- To understand the influence of advertising, awards, pricing, product information and the impact of reviews
- To understand the differences between online grocery retailers
How we helped:
- We kicked off the research with 24 in-depth online accompanied shops with haircare shoppers to help us understand how haircare products are purchased online
- An online survey was conducted among 1,000 shoppers who buy haircare products to more accurately size and profile the key shopper dispositions, and weight the importance of various influencing factors
"The service and support received from IGD was great as the team were always happy to answer questions and go the extra mile when asked to deliver something to support us in and outside of this project"
- Quote from Category Manager working for the client
Our team of 40 industry experts, trainers and facilitators have extensive experience in creating and delivering a range of customised solutions. If you'd like to tap into our extensive expertise to get the specific business solutions or training you need, talk to us.