Client: a leading food and grocery retailer operating in several European markets
The client owns retail and wholesale brands across several geographical territories and each brand had their own business model. They wanted one way of working that could be adopted across the entire company, and to improve the capabilities of their trading teams to enable better buying decisions.
‘‘IGD added great value in bringing the industry perspective to develop quality learning material. They developed material that delivered a learning experience as opposed to a training/imparting of knowledge, therefore the experience for delegates was of discovery - ‘what this means for me’ - and feeling of ownership - ‘what I have to do’”.
How we helped:
- Working with the client we identified the key processes and capabilities that required improvement. We then focused on the areas that offered the quickest return on investment:
- Supplier engagement
- Range and merchandising
- Price and promotions
- Developing a category plan
- We helped the client design, and embed new training, tools and processes in each area, building industry best practice into the activities already in place
- Training workshops were developed for each area
- We jointly delivered with our client 40 training workshops, 12 facilitated action planning sessions and 12 coaching clinics with over 200 delegates
‘‘IGD worked hard to bring to life the most challenging module within the whole Trading Excellence programme. Due to new detailed processes, systems constraints and resource variations by division, the material had to be bespoke to a degree for each division; whilst maintaining a consistent way of working”.
- Alongside our client we jointly delivered 40 training workshops, 12 facilitated action planning sessions and 12 coaching clinics, with over 200 delegates
- Resulting in significant sales increases across:
- Laundry +9%
- Baby +20%
- Soft Drinks +25%
Follow-up modules and refresher modules for new joiners have been requested to continue the learning into the future.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Our team of 40 industry experts, trainers and facilitators have extensive experience in creating and delivering a range of customised solutions. If you'd like to tap into our extensive expertise to get the specific business solutions or training you need, talk to us.