Client: A global non-food supplier
This company operates in a highly competitive category, and recent agreements with retailers called for different ways of working. They wanted to increase the commercial awareness of their customer-facing team and create a consistent approach to customer management.
How we helped
- We identified the ideal way to sell for this company and the skills needed to achieve it
- Working with a core team from the client, we defined the skills required for three levels of capability in selling to this category: foundation, intermediate and advanced
- With the sponsor, we identified the key competency gaps across the client’s teams
- We designed and delivered a two-day commercial workshop that was rolled out across the whole customer-facing team
- We created tools to embed the learning from the workshop
- An “immersion” session was delivered to senior line managers so they understood the training
- A one-day workshop was delivered to line managers to embed the programme and enable them to coach direct reports
- All delegates moved at least one skill level higher compared to pre-workshop in both their line manager’s and their own assessment
- Following the success of the training it’s been rolled out to teams across the company
- The training that’s been delivered to date was part of a three-year learning and development plan we created for the client. Following the success of the first year, they are planning to implement the full plan
Our team of 40 industry experts, trainers and facilitators have extensive experience in creating and delivering a range of customised solutions. If you'd like to tap into our extensive expertise to get the specific business solutions or training you need, talk to us.