Client: UK division of a global dairy products manufacturer
The client wanted to drive sales growth through better-informed decision making. To improve their decision-making they needed to identify and understand the key drivers of growth for their category.
How we helped:
- We trained their category and marketing teams in how to develop actionable insights from data
- Developed tools that translated client data into actionable insight
- Facilitated working sessions to help the client’s internal teams work better together:
- Developing actionable insights into drivers of growth
- Identifying the most relevant drivers for the client
- We provided additional information and insight from IGD research programmes as appropriate, to stimulate thinking and ‘future-proof’ the vision
- The client saw category growth of 2%, and client growth of 3% thanks to new long-term strategic solutions that reduced the need for promotional activity
‘IGD helped us to understand that setting clear category vision, drivers and strategy meant we could deliver category growth for us and our customers through a range of tactics. Promotions are not the only answer to long term growth!’
- Customer Category Controller working for the client
Our team of 40 industry experts, trainers and facilitators have extensive experience in creating and delivering a range of customised solutions. If you'd like to tap into our extensive expertise to get the specific business solutions or training you need, talk to us.