Client: A grocery retailer in the UK
“Coaching for Breakthrough Performance is making a difference – leaders are able to connect their coaching style of leadership to improved business performance.”
- Leadership development partner working for the customer
Our client was going through large scale business change and wanted to develop a coaching style of leadership throughout their organisation involving every team within their business, including those in customer facing and operational roles.
The aim was to equip individuals to support each other through change, as well as drive performance and deliver for colleagues and customers.
How we helped:
- Designed and delivered an interactive journey combining “How to Coach” and “What to Coach” to drive performance improvement and lasting change in behaviour
- Engaged and immersed the senior team throughout to define what good performance looks like; so they could provide strong role modelling, ongoing support, ensure programme legacy and embed changes in behaviour
- Facilitated a complete journey for 124 delegates including a one-and-a-half-day workshop, follow up webinars, and one-to-one coaching across multiple level head office and operational teams
- Designed and delivered a Train the Trainer programme, including materials, manual and training workshop to enable our client to continue to roll out the programme to the wider business using internal trainers
- 450 delegates in total completed the programme
- Employee engagement survey results showed improvement on all relevant questions
- Financial performance measures also increased in those teams where their managers had been through the programme. Leaders were able to connect their coaching style of leadership to improved business performance
- Average delegate feedback = 9.4 out of 10 • 99% rated the workshop overall as Excellent, Very Good or Good
At the end of the workshop
- “Great investment of 2 days by the business.”
- “Best coaching course I have participated in.”
After 3 months
- “I have built greater relationships with my team and performance has started to improve.”
- “I’m now building meaningful relationships with my SMs and performance is improving.”
From 9 to 12 months
- “I take an interest and ask open questions. I’m not trying to think through everything myself.”
- “I now have a great team working at the right level.”
Our team of 40 industry experts, trainers and facilitators have extensive experience in creating and delivering a range of customised solutions. If you'd like to tap into our extensive expertise to get the specific business solutions or training you need, talk to us.