IGD's food science summer schools were developed to address the skills gap and attract bright young talent.
Young scientists are given the opportunity to understand the role of science in food and to make them aware of the exciting career opportunities in the industry.
- In 2018 we welcomed over 100 Year 12 students to five universities
- 81% of students stated they would like a future career working in the industry following the summer school
Who can apply?
If you are in year 12 and interested in science and food, this summer school is for you! Each university has their own application form and the places are free.
What will students do?
Each summer school has a different programme, giving you the opportunity to understand the significant role science plays in the food and grocery industry and the exciting career opportunities available once you graduate.
You will get to:
Experience a two-night residential stay at your preferred university
- Develop your skills by conducting experiments in fully equipped labs
- Have a go at developing new products
- Meet professionals in the industry
- Hear first-hand about science careers in the food industry
- Go behind the scenes with farm or factory visits
How do I apply?
Applications for 2019 are now open. Please apply directly with the university of your choice using the links below. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact [email protected].