Our employability and skills programmes, including Feeding Britain’s Future and the Food Science Summer Schools, help students to develop the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
In 2017, we:
- delivered 440 school workshops nationwide
- established 20 school partnerships
- trained over 10,000 students
- with the help of 2,500 industry volunteers from 150 companies
As a result:
- 90% of students feel better prepared for the world of work
- 100% of teachers agree the workshops have developed the skills of students
- 75% of students attending a Food Science Summer School say they would like a future career in the food and grocery industry
If your company or school is taking part in Feeding Britain’s Future, our media toolkits can help you publicise your participation in the programme. Packed with ideas for promotional activity, photos, example blog posts, key messages, plus a template press release, the media toolkits are a great resource.
Our employability and skills programmes are a part of IGD’s many charitable initiatives. Read more about what we have achieved in 2017 by downloading our impact report.