Our employability and skills programmes, including Feeding Britain’s Future and the Food Science Summer Schools, help students to develop the skills they need to succeed in the workplace.
In 2019, we:
- helped 13,500 students
- with the support of 162 companies, providing over 4,300 volunteer hours
- reaching more than 500 schools
As a result:
- 89% of students feel better prepared for the world of work
- 100% of teachers agree the workshops have developed the skills of students
- 87% of students attending a Food Science Summer School say they would like a future career in the food and grocery industry
If your company or school is taking part in Feeding Britain’s Future, our media toolkits can help you publicise your participation in the programme. Packed with ideas for promotional activity, photos, example blog posts, key messages, plus a template press release, the media toolkits are a great resource.
Our employability and skills programmes are a part of IGD’s many charitable initiatives. Read more about what we have achieved in 2019 by downloading our impact report.