Business events will be permitted to restart in England from 01 October, subject to coronavirus remaining under control. Pilots will take place over Summer.
Businesses are likely to welcome this move since it is an important revenue generator for hotels and dedicated venues, but re-opening is subject to specific conditions:
- Pre-registration of delegates
- Contactless registrations
- No physical badges or lanyards
- No hard-copy handouts or gifts
- Staggered arrival / departure
- Limits to venue capacity
- One-way flow around venues
- Social distancing between delegates and staff
- Deep cleaning and enhanced sanitation.
More economic news and analysis