Patrick Coveney, Chief Executive Officer of Greencore Group, has been appointed President of IGD by its Board of Trustees. Already an active member of IGD’s Policy Issues Council, Patrick will take on the Presidency from Andrew Higginson on 1st January 2021.
Patrick has led Greencore since 2008, and previously served as the Group’s Chief Financial Officer. He also currently serves as a Non-Executive Director of Glanbia plc, an Irish global nutrition group, and Non-Executive Chairman of Core Media, Ireland’s largest marketing communications group. Before joining Greencore, Patrick was Managing Partner of McKinsey & Co., Ireland. As the first CEO of a private label manufacturer to be appointed to the role of President, Patrick brings unique knowledge and industry experience to the role, thus marking a new and exciting chapter in IGD’s journey.
Susan Barratt, CEO of IGD, said: “I am delighted to welcome Patrick as IGD President. With many years’ industry experience, Patrick is incredibly well respected across the sector. His experiences of private label food manufacturing, alongside his vision and leadership during the challenging times that the industry is facing, will help bring a new perspective to our organisation. I am very much looking forward to working together as we drive the evolution of IGD.”
Patrick Coveney, CEO of Greencore Group, said: “It is a privilege to become President of IGD, an organisation that I have enjoyed working closely with for many years. I am looking forward to working alongside the Trustees, PIC members and Executive team, to make a positive impact during this period of immense change for the food and consumer goods industry.”
For media enquiries please contact [email protected] or 01923 851986
Recent highlights of IGD’s work include:
- Engaging with retailers, manufacturers, government, trade associations and other key stakeholders to ensure food was able to reach those people most in need during the months of national lockdown
- Running a virtual work experience week that saw some of the industry’s biggest retailers and brands come together to deliver an interactive programme of learning and skills development for school leavers – a group who are set to be among the worst affected by the COVID-19 crisis from a skills and employability perspective
- Publishing research into consumer attitudes to healthy and sustainable diets showing that over half of consumers (57%) are already changing their diets or are considering making changes to be healthier and more sustainable, providing a huge opportunity for industry
- Launching research into diversity and inclusion in the food and consumer goods industry, which revealed that companies are making progress, but there is still more to be done
- Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, salads, sushi, chilled snacking, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
Notes to editors:
- IGD is a research and training charity which sits at the heart of the food and grocery industry. It has a trading subsidiary that provides commercial services. The profits from these commercial services fund the charity.
- Follow IGD’s communications team on Twitter for all the latest retail insights: @Comms_IGD
- All content is owned by IGD. If you use or refer to any content in this press release, please credit IGD