The Welsh government has issued new COVID-19 guidance following recent outbreaks and incidents at three meat and food plants in Wales.
The new guidance covers:
- Procedures to manage suspected cases, including information about the NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service
- Workplace risk assessment
- Communications with employees
- Shared accommodation and transport to site
- Entry to the site and physical distancing onsite, including in communal areas
- Food hygiene
See LINK for full details.
In addition to the new guidance, the Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs Minister, Lesley Griffiths has commissioned Food Innovation Wales, a delivery partner of the Welsh Government, to carry out a rapid risk assessment of meat processing sites across Wales. The review will now be extended to packaging and processing plants for other types of food in Wales.