The UK will leave the EU on 29 March 2019. It’s now just a year away and the exact nature of the country’s post-Brexit relationship with the EU is still unclear.
Our chief economist James Walton has examined the present situation and possible challenges ahead, including:
- Current negotiating position
- What’s still outstanding
- What the UK government wants
- UK suggestions for a future trade deal
- What the EU says about trade
- Challenges to a Brexit deal
Plus, he looks at what UK grocery businesses should have done by now and what they should try doing next.