CEO Simon Roberts and his leadership team discuss the latest trading priorities
One year on from his appointment as Chief Executive, this is a unique opportunity to hear how Simon Roberts’ new plan is being implemented. He’ll be joined by his senior leadership team to update food and consumer goods stakeholders on Sainsbury’s trading priorities, followed by a live Q&A.
Simon Roberts, Chief Executive, Sainsbury’s explains: “I’m really looking forward to hosting this year’s Sainsbury’s IGD trade briefing, which is our second fully virtual event. One year into my post and six months into the launch of our new plan, it’s a great time to update on our food first approach.
“Our recent results show we are making good early progress against our plan to put food back at the heart of Sainsbury’s, supported by our strong GM&C brands, and by working together with our suppliers and stakeholders, we can deliver more of what our customers want.” The update will be supported by Mark Given, Chief Marketing Officer; Rhian Bartlett, Food Commercial Director and Clodagh Moriarty, Retail and Digital Director who will be delivering insights on areas including Sainsbury’s new brand mission and customer focus, its Food First approach, evolving channel mix and save to invest strategic priority.
Susan Barratt, CEO, IGD comments: “We’re delighted to once again host Sainsbury’s trade briefing. An update on the strategy and a great line up from the senior leadership team will give delegates valuable insight and understanding, helping them to shape commercial strategies and relationships.
“Sharing knowledge and best practice is more important than ever, to power companies for success and provide shoppers with food and consumer goods solutions that fit newly-evolving lifestyles. Here at IGD, we have unprecedented access to retail leaders and we’ve worked closely with the Sainsbury’s team to create a compelling and inspirational event.”
Further details about the briefing are available at https://www.igd.com/events/igd-sainsburys-trade-briefing
For event enquiries please contact [email protected]
For media enquiries please contact [email protected]
Notes to editors:
- IGD is an organisation of two interconnected communities. The profits from Commercial Insight are reinvested into Social Impact, which together work to drive change that makes a tangible difference for society, business and the individual.
Commercial Insight is delivered through six core areas:
Social Impact from IGD is delivered in four key areas:
- Retail Analysis – providing trusted data and insight, straight from the heart of retail;
- ShopperVista – providing insight that creates the foundation for progressive shopper and category thinking;
- Events – providing compelling experiences that connect people and ideas together;
- MarketTrack – the most trusted, rigorous market read in the retail sector;
- Supply Chain Analysis – providing answers and unlocking potential;
- Solutions – personalised solutions that address the critical customer and commercial challenges.
- All content is owned by IGD. If you use or refer to any content in this press release, please credit IGD