IGD – provider of grocery insight, analysis and foresight – reveals the must-see stores that are pushing boundaries and moving the industry forward.
The new study ‘Top stores to visit in 2022’ highlights how retailers continue to invest in their physical estate to create shopper destinations that compete with rival stores and the expanding online and quick commerce channels.
Jon Wright, Head of Retail Insight for Europe said: “Shopper behaviour and priorities have evolved quickly since the emergence of Covid-19 and retailers have reacted by creating store experiences that stand out. From hydroponic herb greenhouses and walkout payment technology, to restaurant meals and refill stations, we are seeing some really exciting new concepts and opportunities that drive footfall and spend.”
Over 30 European stores features in the list, selected from the world’s new store launches and refits, reviewed and ranked against five themes from IGD’s Store of the Future model: Exciting and experiential, Digitally- enabled, Highly efficient, Omnichannel native and Naturally sustainable.
The list of must-see stores includes:
- Exciting and experiential: K-Citymarket, Tammisto, Finland - Pioneers of Finland’s first hydroponic herb greenhouse and Europe’s first hypermarket-based brewery.
- Digitally-enabled: Carrefour Flash, Paris, France - A seamless experience, accessible to all.
- Highly efficient: Kaufland, Bergkamen, Germany – Meeting shopper missions in an effective way.
- Omnichannel native: TYPY, Dusseldorf, Germany – Enhanced service and experience driven by data.
- Naturally sustainable: Asda, Milton Keynes, UK – Reducing plastic with a dedicated refill zone.
For more press information, please contact Charlotte Jackson at [email protected]
- IGD is an organisation of two interconnected communities. The profits from Commercial Insight are reinvested into Social Impact, which together work to drive change that makes a tangible difference for society, business and the individual.
Commercial Insight is delivered through six core areas:
a. Retail Analysis – providing trusted data and insight, straight from the heart of retail;
b. ShopperVista – providing insight that creates the foundation for progressive shopper and category thinking;
c. Events – providing compelling experiences that connect people and ideas together;
d. MarketTrack – the most trusted, rigorous market read in the retail sector;
e. Supply Chain Analysis – providing answers and unlocking potential;
f. Solutions – personalised solutions that address the critical customer and commercial challenges.
Social Impact from IGD is delivered in four key areas:
- All content is owned by IGD. If you use or refer to any content in this press release, please credit IGD
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/igd/ Twitter: @fromIGD