- Dynamic new platform will help industry to thrive in new environment -
The food and consumer goods supply chain has evolved dramatically in recent months, and in response IGD has enhanced its Supply Chain Analysis platform to provide business with the tools needed to thrive in the new environment.
Informed by the industry’s changing needs and priorities, the service has been enhanced to provide more action-focused insight, to help retailers and manufacturers work better together.
Taking a data-led approach, Supply Chain Analysis will deliver insight across five core supply chain areas:
- Waste and sustainability
- Demand and supply planning
- Service and availability
- Inventory management
- Cost to serve
Combining the new ways people are accessing insight with the desire of supply chain professionals to connect with each other and share knowledge, the new features businesses can benefit from include virtual roundtables, analyst briefings, insight webinars and an annual supply chain event.
Chris Irish, Head of Supply Chain Insight at IGD, said:
“With the recent demands on the food and CPG supply chain we are excited to offer the resources, tools and insights to support individuals and teams in navigating the rapidly evolving supply chain landscape. And, to ensure our content remains relevant, our ongoing dialogue with industry will continue to inform our insight focus. To facilitate this ongoing discussion, we’ve added opportunities for businesses to interact with IGD experts and industry peers on the subjects that matter.
“From our research we know supply chain teams are being asked to do more with less, so we are providing a service that aims to support the increasing pressures on businesses. Whether your priority is to develop internal insight and capability, see how you stack up against competitors or understand changing customer requirements, we’re offering a platform that delivers across the board.”
Visit the new IGD Supply Chain Analysis to discover how our team can support your business requirements.
For more information please contact Alexandra Crisp on [email protected].
Notes to editors:
- IGD is a research and training charity which sits at the heart of the food and grocery industry. It has a trading subsidiary that provides commercial services. The profits from these commercial services fund the charity.
- As a dedicated supply chain online platform, Supply Chain Analysis provides unique and market-leading supply chain content, including a new Industry Benchmarking programme, details on retail supply chain operations and best in class ways of working.
- Follow IGD’s communications team on Twitter for all the latest retail insights: @Comms_IGD
- All content is owned by IGD. If you use or refer to any content in this press release, please credit IGD