As easy as J B P: The 1, 2, 3 of joint business planning success
responsible for putting together joint business plans (JBPs) with customers, whether it’s an established part of your business or you’re eyeing up the opportunities.
Developing compelling JBPs relies on mastering discipline and in-depth planning — this is the masterclass.
The workshop is
led by recognised experts Graham Dorrington and Philippa South, who have over 35 years of business planning experience between them. Our masters will take you through every move, from the earliest steps to stepping back and evaluating.
All our training is based on extensive primary research and complemented by a portfolio of proven tools and techniques. In this workshop, formal input and content is balanced by practical team and individual tasks which reinforce the learning.
Four areas are examined: JBPs in context; Identifying and evaluating opportunities; Linking strategy to execution and Bringing the JBP to life.
Meet the trainers
Graham Dorrington has over 25 years experience working for FMCG companies such as Diageo and Golden Wonder in customer facing commercial roles as well as commercial planning, category management and customer marketing. At IGD he is responsible for designing and delivering a range of commercial capability and business planning programmes.
Philippa South has over 10 years commercial and account management experience working with FMCG companies such as Nestle Cereal Partners, Lindt and Mars Horsecare. At IGD she is responsible for designing and delivering a range of commercial capability and business planning programmes through open workshops and customised in-house for global customers. She heads up IGD’s Customer Engagement research programme.
Philippa is a member of the Association for Coaching.
Please note the trainers for each course may vary based on availability
Sign up to
- Determine what makes a good JBP
- Identify the key planning stages
- Consider the pros and cons — from your customer’s perspective
- Communicate effectively by considering the individual
- Know where to prioritise between shopper, category and customer strategies
- Ensure internal alignment and manage expectations around the business
- Registration is open from 8:30am ready for a prompt 9am start and you will be on your way home by 5pm
- A light breakfast will be available on both mornings with unlimited tea, coffee, water and fruit on offer plus homemade cookies, cakes and chef-cooked lunches
- The dress code is smart casual
- We have free parking at IGD, however please check the venue details when booking as we do deliver sessions at other venues from time to time
- To see our location, local train station details and other travel information, please see www.igd.com/location