IGD Retail Safari, London: Large format innovation
Thursday, 23 March 2017 | Central London, 8:30am - 4:00pm
London is a hot bed for retail format innovation, with many of the UK’s leading retailers focusing on London to showcase their latest thinking, whether it be in large formats, smaller stores or in food-to-go.
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT. OUR NEXT LARGE FORMAT RETAIL SAFARI TAKES PLACE ON JUNE 29 IN LONDON. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS OR EMAIL GAVIN.ROTHWELL@IGD.COM ABOUT CREATING YOUR OWN CUSTOMISED SAFARI PACKAGE.
Guided by the IGD team, you’ll visit some of London’s best stores, to see first-hand how the UK’s leading grocery retailers are responding to the latest trends. You’ll also meet with store management to further deepen your understanding.
- See some of London’s best concepts in action, and get first hand feedback from the store management team into the day to day operations.
- Grow your practical understanding of the latest innovations in the UK retail, to help you shape your view of retail evolution.
- Get up to speed with the latest retail format innovations and how they could impact the broader grocery retail sector.
Why should I join your safari rather than visiting stores on my own?
- We know the best stores to visit and are experienced in planning effective retail safari itineraries, helping you get the most from your time before and during the safari, and taking the pressure off when it comes to logistics.
- On our safaris you’ll gain access to store management, enabling you to deepen your understanding of ways of working and concepts.
- Innovations and concepts will be presented within our view of the market or channel landscape, helping you to “join the dots” between different trends and formats to enable you to better judge the potential.
- Pre-reads and post-event summaries will provide you with key learnings and photos of the concepts.
- IGD’s channel and market experts will be on hand during the day to answer your questions, and help you take the most benefit from the experience.
Stores we'll visit include:
- Registration is open from 8:00am ready for a prompt 8:30am start and you will be on your way home by 4:00pm
- The dress code is smart casual
- Lunch will be provided
Gavin Rothwell leads IGD’s food-to-go programme, and has been instrumental in building IGD’s knowledge and expertise in this area. He also leads IGD’s retail safari programme in Europe. Prior to this he managed Retail Analysis, IGD’s online grocery retail insight service that covers almost 400 retailers worldwide as well as markets, channels and trends.
Gavin closely tracks major trends and strategies, across both retail and food-to-go. He has worked with a number of our clients on a customised basis to explain the implications of key sector trends and developments, and has led many of them ‘on safari’ around London and other European cities.
What will the day involve?
We’ll start with an informal briefing session, designed to bring you up to speed with our latest view on the UK grocery market, and explain more about the concepts we’ll be visiting during the day.
We’ll then take you on a central London tour of some of our favourite London stores, designed to demonstrate trends in action and showcase the latest innovation across the grocery retail sector.
A de-brief session will close the day, designed to help you extract the key learnings from the day for your business.
- 8:30am - 4:00pm taking place in central London