Online, on time and on here
A category manager or executive, a shopper executive or trade marketing executive new in an online role, or planning to make the move.
If your target is to develop compelling category plans and initiatives for the online environment, you’re in the right place.
The workshop is
Drawing on the recognised expertise of the IGD Shopper and Category team, and led by Ray Leung, this one-day workshop wonder shares the fundamentals of the category management process and applies them to the online channel. Underpinned by our latest research, the workshop will feature ‘best in class’ case studies to bring the principles alive, while group exercises will get you to flex your newly-honed category management muscles in the online arena.
From price and promotion to cultivating relationships with key partners, you’ll leave with a wealth of learnings to enhance your role or ready you for a new one.
As ever, IGD's extensive body of primary research and proven tools and techniques will form the foundation, and delegates will come away with not just knowledge of industry best practice but the tools to put it into effect.
Meet the trainer
Ray Leung tutors our open workshops and delivers bespoke category and shopper programmes. He has over 12 years FMCG experience working for FMCG companies such as Associated British Foods, Britvic, Reckitt Benckiser and most recently Mondelez. He has worked in marketing, trade marketing, and category management. Ray has a keen understanding of what category management means in the online channel.
Please note the trainers for each course may vary based on availability
Sign up to
- Harness the importance of online shopper understanding
- Learn how to put the IGD Category Management process into effect online
- Discover the latest macro trends impacting category management online
- And more: From integrating online with your wider strategy to reviewing and measuring success, we’ve got it covered.
- Registration is open from 8:30am ready for a prompt 9am start and you will be on your way home by 5pm
- A light breakfast will be available on both mornings with unlimited tea, coffee, water and fruit on offer plus homemade cookies, cakes and chef-cooked lunches
- The dress code is smart casual
- We have free parking at IGD, however please check the venue details when booking as we do deliver sessions at other venues from time to time
- To see our location, local train station details and other travel information, please see www.igd.com/location